Saturday, September 11, 2010

Sometimes You Just Gotta Dance.


This was the result of a much-needed slumber party with my new friend, Naomi. After a discouraging and mentally exhausting day full of job searching and job waiting and job suck-the-life-out-of-me-let-me-go-back-to-school...ing, I was in desperate need of a break.

It seems that with each year I gain, I feel more and more pressure from the outside world to become more "serious" , more "mature", more like a "grown-up"... whatever that means. While I am gaining wisdom and experience with my years, I feel absolutely no need to lose any sense of playfulness and spontaneity. Honestly, I don't know if it is possible.

Please, for ALL of our sanity, never lose the child within you.

Whenever I see men dressed up in business suits or women in their clickity-sounding, uncomfortably-looking heels, I can't help but wonder if they still climb trees every once in a while or run around barefoot for no apparent reason or make dance videos with friends.

I don't care how "serious" you are, you do not have it all figured out. So please stop acting like it and make a dance video.




5 comments:

  1. Oh how I love you and the child within you as well :) Thanks for sharing, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post, mm, because I feel like I can relate so much right now! And I know everyone our age can too. Sometimes you just gotta dance or run around in the rain. Amen to dat. Now I want to dance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha dance it out ray-rayy. show the world dem movez

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahah! that's hilarious. and looks like fun! you're exactly right. life is too short not to spend some time dancing..

    ReplyDelete