Thursday, July 10, 2014

Multi-Layered


This whole yoga thing is really something else.
It genuinely and indisputably has changed me.
Moving me into deeper layers of my breath. 
My bones. 
My being.

For a long time, I would always admire yoga from the shoreline. Just standing, staring. Pointing my finger and “ooh-ing” and “aw-ing” with a smile as wide as the ocean itself.

I would watch her swim out to the deep blue colors of the water, resisting the urge to yell out and save her, tell her to come back in to avoid the sharks.

She never seemed to listen or look back, anyway.

She would swim for miles and miles. She would float underneath the sun, all of her skin being warmed by its breath. Kissed by its fire.

My toes dig deeper into the sand, its grainy texture melting to my skin.
I can’t take my eyes off of her.

She is bold.
She is brilliant.
She is calm.





No comments:

Post a Comment